Can I get a code review of r4126? Want to make sure I’m not breaking something else with the sidebar :)
Updates from Dan Toggle Comment Threads | Keyboard Shortcuts
Do you think the panel interface would still work on a smaller, 7.85″ display? :)
Here’s the dev chat summary for this week. We discussed more than WPiOS this week but since we don’t have a mobile p2 yet I will just put all of the notes here:
WordPress for iOS
- We celebrated the submission of 3.1 to the app store!
- We chatted about what needs to be done for 3.1.1, and how it may impact the 3.2 timeline. In order to squash the bugs in the 3.1.1 roadmap we will probably need to push back the 3.2 submission until the 2nd or 3rd week of September.
- We figured a 3.1.2 release will also be important to prepare once we start getting feedback from users on 3.1 when it is out in the wild. Less people will have to work on this release though, so we can put some people on 3.2 dev while others hammer out the 3.1.2 fixes.
- We agreed on the feature list for 3.2, with a wild card being contentEditable. @irbrad is going to see if it is feasible to include in 3.2 and will report his findings at next week’s meeting.
- We thought it would be a good idea to add featured image and gallery support to all of the major apps at relatively the same time, perhaps around the same time as the 3.2 launch.
- We discussed the upcoming BB 10 release, and @daniloercoli mentioned he has a proof of concept of a WP app that uses WebWorks (HTML5).
- The WP7 app needs some lovin’. A few of us volunteered to do a dev iteration on the app once we get out of the WPiOS madness. Discussed adding local draft support and making sure it runs well on Windows Phone 8.
I’ve found it quite difficult to round the corners of one side of a panel and have a drop shadow as well. What I’ve done in r2873 is only add shadows to the 2nd panel and beyond. This preserves the rounded corners like we want them, except for the corners on the right of the last panel.
It’s pretty much a match of how the twitter app works now, except they are able to somehow add a shadow and the right rounded corners to the last view. I’m thinking they might actually be using an image or something for the rounded corners instead of using a layer mask.
I’ve seen instance variables throughout the app, some with _name, others with name_, and others with no underscores at all. Can we decide on a standard?
A tribute to the first few lines of code in the app:
if (DeviceIsPad()) [UIViewController youWillAutorotateOrYouWillDieMrBond];
My wife was creating a post on her iPhone and thought if she left the app she would be able to come back to her post later and finish it up. Since she was on a new draft in the post editor, the OS killed the app when more resources were needed and she lost the post.
Maybe we can add a draft save when the app enters the background when in the post editor?
I went to upload some images, and when the custom dialog popped up, I also received the location allow dialog at the same moment. I couldn’t tap on anything until I switched to a different app, and then could respond to the location dialog.